Pocahontas Community Hospital is committed to the health & safety of our patients & staff. Influenza activity remains high in Pocahontas & surrounding areas as well as the increasing risk of the 2019 novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To protect our patients and staff, PCH will be implementing the following restrictions effective immediately. These restrictions will remain in place until April 30, 2020 at which time they will be re-evaluated.
· Only immediate family members will be allowed to visit patients. This will be limited to only four (4) family members within the hospital at one time. Additionally, children 18 years old or younger will be limited to 30 minutes of visiting time within the hospital.
· Anyone experiencing influenza like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, or chills should refrain from visiting patients
· Persons accompanying outpatients to their visits at Pocahontas Community Hospital will be asked to adhere to the same restrictions as visitors. If the caretaker who must accompany someone to their OP visit has any symptoms, they should ask for a mask at the registration desk and perform hand hygiene while assisting their loved one during their visit.
Pocahontas Community Hospital Based Events:
· All community based events that are not healthcare related will be discontinued
· Hospital related meetings & trainings will be allowed
Travel & Education:
· Hospital related business travel will be limited
- If the event is available via teleconference or webinar, that is the preferred method of attendance
- Any other travel needs pre-approval with administration
· Students will be allowed as part of their clinical when tied to a professional degree as a requirement for graduation
- Job shadowing, school tours, etc. will be suspended